Thursday, January 8, 2009

Baby Fever?!

So my other baby having friend just had her second little boy. Colton 6 lbs. 6 oz. and 20 inches.

Plus I spent the better part of the past two days with Jessica and little Logan.

I can officially say that I do NOT have baby fever.

Not that Logan isn't too adorable. It just occurred to me yesterday, while watching him eat, sleep, poop, that I'm certainly not ready for all that. He is a super sweet baby. He is pretty content most of the time. But he wants to do it when he wants to do it and there is nothing you can do to deviate from that schedule. Well you can but its not pretty. I spent part of the day accompanying him and her to the chiropractor and the grocery plus stopping for lunch. He was so irritated by having his scheduled thrown. She couldn't feed him at the moment he was hungry and there wasn't a good place to change him at lunch. Then after eating all he wanted to do at the grocery was to be carried around by mommy.

Its just amazing the amount of care and consideration for that being of life. Every moment you have to think of him. Consider his needs even above your own. Well not me but the mommy.
Its hard for her to focus on herself. Even as basic as bathing, eating, hydrating herself is pushed aside. Its nuts to think that's how it is. But somehow I get it.

I'm glad that I can be there and help, but also I get to see it all first hand. I feel like a lot of the time I'm just sitting back and absorbing and learning. Its for my own personal knowledge base but also I want to be ready when I get to babysit him.

Its amazing to watch Jessica interact with him. She's cuddly, sweet, and caring. I'm not surprised that she is. It's amazing to see her know how to react to every burp, squeak, moan, whine, and cry.

I love that baby. He is precious.

But I see her exhaustion. The brink of insanity that she teeters on daily.
I know its just the first few months. So does she. And the routine has been getting better.


Again I do NOT have baby fever. I am perfectly content going and seeing them a few times a week. But no thank you on having my own right now.

Although I do have marriage fever. NOT wedding fever. Get it straight people.

The thoughts of planning and having the wedding is totally stressful. But the thoughts of being married to Paul... makes me ridiculously elated.

I can't wait till his last semester is over and he can move down here. It's strange to think that when I moved away from him we were facing two long years away from each other. Now its just 5 months. Less than half a year. I can hardly believe it. It is going to be here before we know it. I'm so excited.

Now I'm just getting gooey.

To sum it up: One more time I do NOT have baby fever or wedding fever. Just marriage fever. Mostly just in love with Paul. I love little Logan. Jessica and Brian are awesome friends, parents and people. I'm excited my dad got and enjoys his new C-pap machine. I'm glad Paul is having a blast in Vegas. My mom continues to be irritated with me about spending so much time at the MacIntoshs'.

That's about it for an update. Have a great weekend all.

No comments: